Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Casual Fridays: Panel Wall Clips

Happy Friday Everyone!

Usually I don't try believe in the superstitions people have regarding Friday the 13th or full moons but I gota tell you, today has been wacky! It started off with my friend / carpool buddy Kell's car not starting which never happens! Then in the office one thing after another went wrong but at least it is Friday!

I work in an office tower and have a cubicle to myself, but as those of you who work in a similar environment may know, it is very hard to be creative or expressive when your workstation looks like everyone else's. So I have decided that every Friday I will be posting a little DIY or project on slowly making my cubicle more... ME! I already have lots of ideas but I though I would start off will a super easy DIY that I did last night while watching tv.

So for this post all you need is some panel clips and nail polish!


Please ignore the quality of the photos! They were all done on my iPhone

Panel clips are clips that you can find around the office and they are for the cloth walls of your cubicle, they are actually really handy as they can hold documents, notes, photos, anything really and you can leave the clips there all the time. The only problem: the ones I had were UGLY.



I have a picture of my adorable doggy, Harvey, hanging up and these clips are an eyesore.
So I decided to give them a little makeover! 


I put a piece of paper in the clip just so the nail polish wouldn't run everywhere 
but also to give me something to grab onto it with



I painted 10 of them all different colours and for most I only had to do one coat 
but for my Essie nail polishes, I had to do two or three


Once the base colour dried, I put little designs on each one, this one I was putting hearts onto

But I did a little bit of everything to make them fun and stand out.



Here are all the clips! I think the polka dots and the flowers are my favourites!


Doesn't it just look so much more appealing now!

Definitely more unique and I have already gotten a few compliments on them :)


It's just a small change but I think it makes a big difference!

Let me know what you think :)

stay clumsy
xx jamie

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea for the dreaded cubicle! I will definitely have to follow in your footsteps when it comes to mine!

    ReplyDelete