Pages

Tuesday 19 August 2014

All in a Clumsy Day's Work


This is why I can’t have nice things. I was cleaning the carpets in my place last night (me cleaning, I know right?) and the cord got stuck on the back of a chair so I was trying to swing it off as all lazy people do when you are 4 steps away but refuse to move any closer to fix the situation. Well, I got the cord free and then it took out my little giraffe guys with it. Sadly, this isn’t the first time this little sculpture has broken; I accidentally decapitated the tall giraffe while bringing it home from Africa in my backpack. Mike's Grandpa did some surgery on the little stone guy and pieced it back together but once a klutz, always a klutz. That’s the sad thing too, I can’t just go to a Target or Homesense to replace this thing – I would have to go back to AFRICA! It’s a little more than a hop skip and a jump away.

I just started this blog and I am already getting behind on some projects that I’ve started (surprise, surprise). As I mentioned before, I’m leaving to do the Westcoast Trail this weekend so all my shopping and spending has been going towards hiking boots and powdered soup not cute clothes, make-up and craft supplies. I doubt that any of you would like to read about the equipment I’m packing for the trip like first aid kits and sleeping bags or the shopping spreeI did at Mountain Equipment Co-op so hang tight and things will be back to normal in no time, well as normal as they get.


In the meantime, I am leaving you with this. I saw this recently at a seven eleven where I was buying too much ice cream for one person some thing healthy and I noticed this new bag of chips. It's the contest that Lays has to find a new flavour but isn't this the most stereotypical Canadian bag of chips? Don't get me wrong, I love me some poutine as much as the next person, I just think it's hilarious.

stay clumsy
xx jamie



No comments:

Post a Comment